Welcome to Community Action Southold Town – CAST
“It is our mission to promote self-sufficiency and provide a safety net for Southold Town residents in need”
Community Action Southold Town (CAST) is a 501(c) 3, not-for-profit organization. Since 1965, CAST has worked in the Southold Town community to help low-income residents meet their basic needs in the areas of nutrition, employment, energy, and education. CAST exists as a safety net for Southold Town families from Laurel to Orient Point, including Fisher’s Island. The majority of CAST’s funding comes from the generosity of the community.
CAST’s programs and services include:
- Parent-Child Home Program
- Food Pantry
- ESL Classes
- Computer Training Program
- Advocacy and Referrals
- Assistance with Benefits Paperwork
- Sharing Room
- Tutoring for School-Aged Children
- Seasonal Programs: School Supply Drive, Holiday Toy Drive, Summer Story Hours, Feed-A-Kid Programs, Food Drives, Produce Rescue
Contact us to learn more about how we can assist you and your family, or visit our “volunteer” page if you’re interested in finding out ways you can help.